Duration: 11 Days
Recently opened to tourist by the Nepalese Government, the Tamang Heritage Trail is a wonderful combination of the Langtang and Rasuwa districts. Located on the Tibetan border, the trek offers tremendous insight into the lives and cultures of Tibetans who have been isolated from western society and have thus preserved their timeless culture. This trek offers an excellent way to escape the crowds and experience a more authentic and genuine experience of cultural awareness and understanding while enjoying the pristine natural beauty highlighted by natural hot springs, crystal clear rivers and intimidating mountain peaks.
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 7 - 14 Days
- Region: Langtang
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrive in Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft] Upon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport (TIA), you will be greeted by a representative from the Good Karma Trekking team holding a sign with your name in the parking lot. After a brief introduction, you will be escorted to your hotel. After check in, and welcome drinks you will be free to explore around the backpacker haven of Thamel.
Day 2 Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft]Today after breakfast we will start a guided tour to several of the most historical and spiritual attractions in Kathmandu including Durbar Square, and Pashupati temple that are both Unesco World Heritage Sites. You will also visit the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambunath) and Buddhists shrine (Buddha Nath) that is one of the large Stupas in the world. Afterwards, you will meet with your trek leader for a briefing and a short question and answer section about your trip. You will also have time to shop for any additional trekking equipment with staff assistance if needed.
Day 3 Kathmandu to Syabru BesiWe will take a scenic 9 hour drive through a scenic winding series of roads passing through diverse local villages, terraced farming fields, powerful rivers and charming waterfalls on the way to Dhunche. After processing all of our entry permits and documents, we will continue our ride to Syabrus Besi with time to explore the town in the evening.
Day 4 Syabru Best to GatlangWe will pass along a series of tranquil traditional villages stopping to experience regional cultural shows that highlight the mysterious practices of the Tibetan people. We arrive in Gatlang nestled peacefully on a hillside featuring terraced agricultural fields and a traditional monastery located near the tranquil Parvatikunda Lake.
Day 5 Gatlang to Tatopani We will continue a gradual ascent toward Tatopani stopping to admire spectacular panoramic views of the Langtang region and Ganesh Himal. Upon arrival at Tatopani we will take time to relax in the local hot springs before speaking with locals to learn more about Tamang culture that prevails in the charming town.
Day 6 Tatopani to ThumanWe will begin our descent as the climate slowly starts to change while stopping at the Nagthali vantage point offering timeless views of Himalayan giants Langtang, Kerung, Ganesh Himal and Sanjen. The site is also famous for serving as an ancient meditation center and pilgrimage for local monks, priests and spiritual travelers. We will continue to the small town of Thuman to relax for the evening while admiring the local handicrafts and architecture.
Day 7 Thuman to TimurWe continue to the historical trade center of Timur, which has helped foster relations between Tibet and Nepal for centuries. After a downhill trek, we will have time to explore the old fort while exploring the bustling market town.
Day 8 Timur to BriddimWe begin along a scenic uphill trail to reach the stone town of Briddim famous for its Z shaped design. The home of traditional Tibetan immigrants is very similar in style to villages found in Tibet and the culture has been well preserved making for an entertaining evening with your hospitable hosts.
Day 9 Briddim to Shaybru BesiOn our final day of hiking we take a relaxing downhill trail returning to Shaybru Besi. We will move slowly to enjoy the scenery of the lower areas of the region passing through traditional terraced agriculture fields, streams and scenic vantage points.
Day 10 Return to KathmanduToday we will take a scenic drive through traditional villages, terraced rice fields, waterfalls and powerful rivers on our return to Kathmandu. We will arrive with plenty of time to further explore the backpacker haven of Thamel to explore, rest or do some shopping in the famous bustling streets.
Day 11 DepartureDepending on your flight time you may be able to see a few more attractions in before departing approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight time. You will be escorted to the airport with a representative from Good Karma trekking staff. After our farewells, you will have plenty of time to plan your next adventure in Nepal with Good Karma, as one time is never enough.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis (Tourist Standard Hotel to Five Star deluxe Hotel in Kathmandu as you prefer)
- Government license holder Trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /Sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Trekker’s Information Management system (TIMS)
- Langtang Conservation area fee
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)&( optionally if you have your own bags, down jackets and wants to use your own you are free to bring them)
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking guide and porters accommodation, fare, meal, equipments and salary & Insurance
- All program as mentioned in itinerary.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Welcome Dinner
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed Sightseeing and entrance fees in Kathmandu to any temples and monastery
Sunrise in Nagarkot with HikingOur company offers Nagarkot Sunrise and Hike every day from Kathmandu, The Nagarkot view point…
Duration: 1 Day
Yoga Ayurveda & Spa
Trishuli River RaftingThe increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…
Duration: 1 to 3 Days
Sun Koshi River RaftingBoasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
Duration: 10 to 11 Days
Nagarkot Dhulikhel HikingThis 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
Duration: 3 Days
- Ever since Eric Valli published a book and made a film on Honey Hunting, it…
- Our company offers Nagarkot Sunrise and Hike every day from Kathmandu, The Nagarkot view point…
- Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers throughout Kathmandu.…
- The increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…
- Meditation Centers Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers…
- Overview Despite its spectacular mountain views and picturesque villages, Kakani is a part of Nepal…
- Boasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
- This 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
- Volunteering in Nepal creates a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience for everyone involved. Although a…