Duration: 9 Days
The classic Jomson trek follows through the Kali Gandaki valley located between the peaks of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri. The trip features several of the highlights of the Annapurna circuit including Poon Hiil, Tukuche Monatery, and the natural hot springs in Tatopani. You will safely cross high Himalayan altitudes along the curious Tibetan Plateau passing through Jomsom before reaching the holy temple of Muktinath. From here you will return to experience the peaceful lakeside town of Pokhara.
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 7 - 14 Days
- Region: Annapurna
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 10 Trek to JomsomWe will return on the path back down to Jomson and spend a relaxing evening enjoying the bustling little town.
Day 11 Flight to PokharaToday we will depart Jomson on a short but scenic flight before arriving in Pokhara. You will have plenty of time to further explore this peaceful town before we return to Kathmandu.
Day 12 Drive to KathmanduToday we will return along the same scenic route through the valley before spending the evening in Kathmandu.
Day 13 Kathmandu highlight tourToday after breakfast we will start a guided tour to several of the most historical and spiritual attractions in Kathmandu including Durbar Square, and Pashupati temple that are both Unesco World Heritage Sites. You will also visit the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambunath) and Buddhists shrine (Buddha Nath) that is one of the large Stupas in the world. You will also have time to for souvenirs or just explore the backpacker haven of Thamel.
Day 14 FarewellDepending on your flight time you may be able to see a few more attractions in Kathmandu before departing approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight time. You will be escorted to the airport with a representative from Good Karma trekking staff. After our farewells, you will have plenty of time to plan your next adventure in Nepal with Good Karma, as one time is never enough.
Day 1 Arrival in KathmanduUpon arrival in Kathmandu, you will be greeted by the friendly Good Karma Trekking staff and brought to your hotel in Thamel. We will give you some time to explore before a welcome diner and briefing on your trip.
Day 2 Drive to PokharaWe will take a 4 to 5 hour scenic drive along the Trisuli River through the Kathmandu Valley to the peaceful and relaxing town of Pokhara. Upon arrival you will have time to explore the charming town and its scenic lake.
Day 3 Pokara to TikhedhungaToday we will drove to Nayapul to begin our trek along a series of villages as we work our way up the banks of the Modi Khola. We will bass through the large town of Birethanti before our arrival in Tikhedhunga.
Day 4 Trek to GhorepaniWe begin with a steep climb to the Magar village of Uleri before continuing steadily up through oak and rhododendron forests. We will continue past the small settlements of Banthanti and Nagethanti before arriving in Ghorepani.
Day 5 Poon Hill and TatopaniThis morning, we will get up early in the morning, and hike under the stars using headlights to Poon Hill. From here you will see superb view of sunrise, and panoramic view of Himalayas, including Mt. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna South, Fishtail, and so on. After visiting Poonhill, we will come back to Ghorepani, have a hot breakfast, and continue walking to Tatopani.
Day 6 Tatopani to KalopaniWe will continue along the Kali Gandaki gorge rising through the towns of Dana and Rupse Chhahara offering views of a stunning mountain waterfall. We will cross over a series of suspension bridges before continuing to Ghasa and Lete. We will arrivat at Kalopani at an elevation of 2,560 meters offering spectacular views of the famous Nilgiri peak in the east surrounded by several Himalayan giants.
Day 7 Kaopani to MarphaWe continue passing along the river up to the town of Larjung before passing through the eerie town on Khobang know for its narrow streets and alleys. After lunch at Tukuche we pass through the worlds deepest gorge as the trail becomes barren and windy. We will arrive in the village of Marpha famous for its stunning Nyingmapa Buddhist Gompa.
Day 8 Marpha to KagbeniWe will continue to the large bustling regional capital of Jomson before crossing the river and continuing toward Eklai Bhatti. We will then pass along a riverbank passing the famous junction of Jhong Khola and Kali Gandaki. Kagbeni is home to a strong Tibetan culture offering local handicrafts and unmatched hospitality.
Day 9 Kagbeni to MuktinathToday begins with a steep climb along the Jhong Khola Valley along a difficult trail to Muktinath. We continue along through the interesting village of Jharkot to explore its interesting local people, culture and traditions. After lunch we will continue to Muktinath and take time to explore this traditional pilgrimage destination offering shrines, crafts, temples and a gompa. The town is known for it natural gas supplied eternal flame justifying its religious significance in the region.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis (Tourist Standard Hotel to Five Star deluxe Hotel in Kathmandu as you prefer )
- Government license holder Trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /Sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Trekker’s Information Management system (TIMS)
- Annapurna Conservation Fee
- Overland Transportations Bus ,car, & flights as you prefer
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)&( optionally if you have your own bags, down jackets and wants to use your own you are free to bring them)
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking guide and porters accommodation, fare, meal, equipments and salary & Insurance
- All program as mentioned in itinerary.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Welcome Dinner
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- City Tour entrance fees in Kathmandu and Pokhara while entering Temple and Monastery
Shivapuri Hiking in KathmanduLocated north of Kathmandu at an elevation of 2563 meters, Shivapuri is the 2nd highest…
Duration: 1 Day
- Paragliding is perhaps the most rewarding of short duration adventure sports given the fact that…
- The latest adrenaline cocktail of choice is Canyoning, an activity that involves abseiling, sliding, jumping,…
- Hurtling down dirt roads on a mountain bike is a popular activity for adventure seekers…
- Nepal serving as the nexus of Buddhist and Hindu culture and traditions makes an ideal…
- Adventure Himalayan helicopter flight over the Himalayas is a unique and adventurous way to see…
- Ticketing for transportation including flights and buses varies from international norms and online bookings are…
- Located north of Kathmandu at an elevation of 2563 meters, Shivapuri is the 2nd highest…
- Overview Despite its spectacular mountain views and picturesque villages, Kakani is a part of Nepal…
- Well known as one of the most popular hiking roots in Nepal, this 3 day…