Duration: 8 Days
The short but beautiful Helambu trek offers a greatway to incorporate all the highlights of the Kathmandu Valley on a scenic trek for those looking for a greater understand of the lifestyle and sights only found in the scenic valley. We will pass through a series of traditional teahouse villages to experience the customs and timeless traditions of the local Sherpa community while admiring Himalayan giants as we pass through scenic pine forests and remote trails providing some of the best vantage points in the country. Pass along relaxing rivers while spotting local flora and fauna as you view some of the world’s highest peaks while immersing yourself in the legendary hospitality of the Kathmandu Valley.
- Destination: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 7 - 14 Days
- Region: Langtang
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrive in Kathmandu [1300 m/4264 ft] Upon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport (TIA), you will be greeted by a representative from the Good Karma Trekking team holding a sign with your name in the parking lot. After a brief introduction, you will be escorted to your hotel. After check in, and welcome drinks you will be free to explore around the backpacker haven of Thamel.
Day 2 Kathmandu to Chisapani via SundarijalToday we will take a short drive to the town of Sundarijal to begin our trek passing along a hydroelectric energy plan before continuing to Shivapuri National Park. We will continue our scenic forest walk through the town Mulkharka passing through rhododendrons, flowers and oak trees before reaching the small town of Chisapani where we will rest for the evening.
Day 3 Chisapani to KutumsangWe continue along the scenic trail to Pati Bhanjyang before climbing to the traditional village of Gul Bhanjyang home to an ethnic minority group steep in tradition. We then climb along a windy pass before descending to the small teahouse town of Kutumsang to talk with locals and rest for the night.
Day 4 Kutumsang to ThadepatiWe continue through dense jungle scenery famous for its local fir plants before arriving the village of Magen Goth for tea and lunch. We continue to Yurin Danda offering one of the best vantage points in the region with views of Gosainkunda and the Langtang Region. We continue our hike up to the crossing town of Thadepati for an evening of relaxation and rest.
Day 5 Thadepati to Tarke GhyangWe pass through a narrow valley along a scenic path continuing through the Melamchi Khola River as we slowly enter the Sherpa region of the valley. We pass through the town of Melamchi Gaun, which is home to a traditional monastery, which will provide insight into the lives of the traditional monks of the region. We then finish our ascent to Tarke Ghyang with time to explore the unique architecture during the evening.
Day 6 Tarke Ghyang to SerathangToday we take a relaxing and relatively easy walk through lower altitudes as we pass through the traditional brush and forests of the Kathmandu Valley. After reaching a serene valley, we arrive in the town of Gangyul before continuing to Semathang. We will explore the famous monastery during the evening to learn more about the traditional religious practices of the mysterious Sherpa community.
Day 7 Trek to Malemchi Pul Bazaar and transfer to KathmanduOur final day of walking takes us through the village of Dubbachaur to Melemchi Bazaar known for its local market and Sherpa culture. After lunch and some exploring, we will take a bus back to Kathmandu. You will have the evening to explore the bustling streets of the capital city before meeting for a farewell diner and cultural show to celebrate your trek.
Day 8 DepartureDepending on your flight time you may be able to see a few more attractions in before departing approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight time. You will be escorted to the airport with a representative from Good Karma trekking staff. After our farewells, you will have plenty of time to plan your next adventure in Nepal with Good Karma, as one time is never enough.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis (Tourist Standard Hotel to Five Star deluxe Hotel in Kathmandu as you prefer)
- Government license holder Trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /Sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Trekker’s Information Management system (TIMS)
- Langtang Conservation area fee
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)&( optionally if you have your own bags, down jackets and wants to use your own you are free to bring them)
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking guide and porters accommodation, fare, meal, equipments and salary & Insurance
- All program as mentioned in itinerary.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Welcome Dinner
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed Sightseeing and entrance fees in Kathmandu to any temples and monastery
Sunrise in Nagarkot with HikingOur company offers Nagarkot Sunrise and Hike every day from Kathmandu, The Nagarkot view point…
Duration: 1 Day
Yoga Ayurveda & Spa
Trishuli River RaftingThe increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…
Duration: 1 to 3 Days
Sun Koshi River RaftingBoasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
Duration: 10 to 11 Days
Nagarkot Dhulikhel HikingThis 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
Duration: 3 Days
- Ever since Eric Valli published a book and made a film on Honey Hunting, it…
- Our company offers Nagarkot Sunrise and Hike every day from Kathmandu, The Nagarkot view point…
- Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers throughout Kathmandu.…
- The increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…
- Meditation Centers Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers…
- Overview Despite its spectacular mountain views and picturesque villages, Kakani is a part of Nepal…
- Boasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
- This 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
- Volunteering in Nepal creates a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience for everyone involved. Although a…