Duration: 12 Days
A wonderful way to experience the diversity of Bhutan without traveling to extreme altitudes or taking a long trip from Thimpu, the Dagala Thousand Lakes Trek is an excellent option for less fit trekers or those looking for a more relaxed trekking experience. We will pass through a series of high altitude lakes offering tranquil water that have been used by locals for agriculture and fishing for generations. Hike along these traditional routes and experience the life source of countless people as you admire the wonderful mountain scenery and stunning lakes of Dagala.
- Destination: Bhutan
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 7 - 14 Days
- Region: Bhutan
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrival at ParoAfter arriving from your scenic mountain flight to Para, you will be greeted by a friendly representative of Good Karma Trekking who will take you directly to your hotel. After you get settled in, we will take an afternoon visit to the National Museum of Bhutan known as Ta-Dzong. The museum offers tremendous insight into the tradition and history of the Bhutanese people and government as it has changed throughout the years. We then continue to the Paro Dzong which serves as the administrate center for the district to explore the beautiful architecture of the city before having welcome drink and dinner in Paro.
Day 2 Paro SightseeingAfter breakfast we will take a 3-hour morning hike to visit the holy Taktsang Monastery. The peaceful hike offers some stunning views of the city and surrounding lowland. After resting at the viewpoint we continue to the actual monastery to learn more about the religious practices of the region while observing the daily life and practices of the local monks. This “tiger nest” monastery is one of the holiest in the region and a popular attraction for both locals and tourists alike. We will then hike back to Paro taking time to explore the charming city before returning to the hotel for the evening.
Day 3 Paro to ThimphuWe will take a scenic morning drive to Thimphu passing along the powerful Pa-Chu and Wangchu Rivers. We will stop to visit the memorial chorten shrine dedicated to King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk, which serves a place for locals to atone for their sins and pay respect to the gods. After taking some time to explore the scenic capital city, we will return to the hotel for the evening.
Day 4 Thimphu SightseeingWe will spend the day further exploring the quaint capital city of Thimphu. We start with a walk through town to admire the traditional architecture that is incorporated into all the buildings including the most modern ones before visiting the handicraft emporium. We will learn more about these tradition crafts and their preparation before visiting the central Tashi fort. We will enjoy an evening meal and take time to explore the bustling evening streets before resting in the hotel overnight.
Day 5 Thimphu to GenekhaWe take a short drive to the starting point of our trek where we will continue along a timeless mule path before arriving at Genekha and visiting the local school. The traditional terraced agriculture fields that dominate the low lands make for a peaceful and enjoyable first day of hiking
Day 6 Genekha to GurWe leave following a pass through an alpine forest home to a wide range of indigenous flora and fauna while continuing uphill. We will take a rest at a rock platform offering views of the tranquil valley we previously hiked. We then continue to our camp in the woods to enjoy the natural forest beauty in the sunset.
Day 7 Gur to LabatamaWe continue along a ridge passing through a wide range of local flowers where will sill stop at several scenic locations to enjoy views of the Dagala range and the meadows located below. We will stop at a yak herder’s camp for lunch before continuing through a series of hills and meadows before making camp for the night under the star light sky.
Day 8 Labatama HaltWe will being with a trip to the nearby Jagetsoi Lake to rest before climbing to the Jomp Peak located at 5,050 meters. After a scenic lunch at the summit, we will return to camp to rest and prepare for the rest of the trek.
Day 9 Labatama to PanakaWe continue along the trail to one of the best vantage points of the region where we will spot mountains inculduing Everest, Chomolhari, Jichu Drakey, Kanchenjuna, Masagang and Tsendaygan before passing through a meadow along a series of lakes. We will reach our campsite and take time to spot the local yaks, horses and pheasants, which are abundant in the area.
Day 10 Panaka to TalakhaWe will continue along a series of passes taking us through blue poppy fields before taking lunch at a scenic location. We then continue along the trail to Talekha through Wangduephodrang before climbing to the Dagala ridge, which offers timeless views of Thimphu. After a short walk, we will arrive at the Talekha Monastery to learn more about the life of the typical monks before making camp near the monastery.
Day 11 Talakha to Paro via ThimphuWe continue through a mixed area passing through a forest and bamboo thickets on the way to a famous apple orchard. We continue until we reach a road where we will take a bus to Thimpu for lunch before driving to Paro and spending the evening exploring the charming town and celebrating the completion of your journey.
Day 12 DepartureDepending on your flight time you may be able to see a few more attractions before departing approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight time. You will be escorted to the airport with a representative from Good Karma trekking staff. After our farewells, you will have plenty of time to plan your next adventure with Good Karma, as one time is never enough.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus (all airport transfers).
- Standard government approved accommodation (in twin share rooms) for the duration of tour.
- licensed English speaking Bhutanese Tour Guides.
- All Monument /Museum sightseeing tours, entrance Fees as per itinerary.
- All meals fixed breakfast, lunch & dinner with Tea and Coffee while remaining in Bhutan
- Government Royalty (which is 35% of $250) this goes to the country's health & education projects.
- Private Transport & Driver within Bhutan. (Imported Prado's, Micro Buses & Toyota Coaster Buses)
- Toyota 4 X 4 luggage vans & light trucks for group travel
- All our government taxes.
- Tourist service charge, vat.
- Official expense
- Bhutan Visa Fees and Visa Processing assistance
- Bottled/alcoholic/cold drinks, room service and al a cart meals.
- Your travel insurance (compulsory).
- International airfares and airport departure tax.
- Photography charges (if and when applicable).
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry.
- Personal Equipment.
- Tips to guides, restaurants, hotel lobby. (Tipping is expected.)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Naudanda & Sarankot Day HikePokhara is surrounded by verdant hills and traditional villages offering stunning views of the Himalayan…
Duration: 6-7 hours
Champadevi Day HikeThe Champadevi is located at an elevation of 2285m southwest of Kathmandu and It is…
Duration: 1 Day
Seti River RaftingThe warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
Duration: 2 Days
Dhampus Day Hike
Yoga Ayurveda & Spa
Nagarkot Dhulikhel HikingThis 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
Duration: 3 Days
Meeting & Conference
Pulchowki Hiking in Kathmandu
- Pokhara is surrounded by verdant hills and traditional villages offering stunning views of the Himalayan…
- The Champadevi is located at an elevation of 2285m southwest of Kathmandu and It is…
- The warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
- Dhampus Day hike is the best things to do if you are free for a…
- Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers throughout Kathmandu.…
- This 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
- Good Karma Trekking organize meeting and conference in major city of Nepal like Kathmandu Pokhara…
- Situated at an elevation of 2782 meters this is the highest southern hill in the…
- Let your spirits fly and take a leap of 160 meters with nothing but a…