Annapurna I (8,091m) as well as countless views of the trans Himalayan Region. Climb to the top of the famous Lo-Manthang surrounded by 40 unique peaks offering panoramic views of the Mustang and Annapurna regions as you experience Tibetan culture and hospitality while visiting secluded spiritual Gompas. The entire region is influenced by the mysterious Tibetan culture and its restricted status ensures that this culture will continue to thrive and offer you an authentic experience in one of the most picturesque and exclusive trekking regions in the world.
Duration: 17 Days
The mysterious Upper Mustang region was only opened to tourists in 1991. This restricted region includes passes through previously contested Tibetan civilizations and offers a wonderful combination of mountain tops and desert like regions passing along the Kali Gandaki River. The trek offers stunning views of Himalayan giants Dhaulagiri (8,167 m),
- Destnation: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 14 - 21 Days
- Region: Annapurna
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrive in KathmanduUpon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport (TIA), you will be greeted by a representative from the Good Karma Trekking team holding a sign with your name in the parking lot. After a brief introduction, you will be escorted to your hotel. After check in, and welcome drinks you will be free to explore around the backpacker haven of Thamel.
Day 2 Kathmandu to PokharaWe will travel to Pokhara in a tourist bus passing along the Trisuli River and through the Kathmandu Valley for 5 to 6 hours. We will stay overnight in the charming lakeside town of Pokhara famous for its views of the Annapurna range and laidback style.
Day 3 Flight to Jomson and trek to KagbeniA short flight filled with spectabular views of Khaulagiri and Annapura brings us to the capital of the Mustang Region in Jomson. After breakfast we will travel up the Kaligandaki River before arriving at the isolated Idkley-Bhatti area for some rest. We will continue to Kagbeni while exploring its famous monastery to learn about the Tibetan monks who reside there.
Day 4 Kagbeni to CheleOfficially entering the upper Mustang restricted area we will pass through the security checkpoint uphill along the river. We will continue up and down past the colorful town of Tangbe famous for its narrow roads and charming buildings. We will then continue through an area known for its barley, wheat and apple farms past Chhusang before arriving in Chele village.
Day 5 Chele to SyanbochenWe beging to hike up the Taklam La Pass which offers views of Tilico peak, Yakawa Kang and Damodar Danda before continuing past the towns of Samar and Samar village. We then follow the trail along a peaceful stream surrounded by juniper trees on the way to Syanbochen.
Day 6 Syanbochen to GhaymiContinuing up the Yamda La pass we pass through several teahouses, chortans and Tibetan villages before continuing to the Nyi Pass. We then descend towards our destination of Ghaymi one of the larger towns in the Lo area known for its hospitality.
Day 7 Ghaymi to CharangAfter crossing the Ghaymi Khola River we reach the famous Buddhist stonewall in Mani located along a relaxing plateau. The trail then heads based charming stone towns surrounded by terraced corn fields before arriving in Charang.
Day 8 Charang to Lo-MangthangTodays hike offers some of the best scenery in the Mustang Region. We will trek to Lo-Mangthang, which offers spectacular panoramic vies of Nilfiri, Tilicho Peak and Annapurna I. We will continue along a river until we reach Charang Chu before reaching the top of the Lo Pass offering stunning views of the Lo-Mangthang Valley. We will then continue back to Lo-Mangthang through the valley before stopping for the night.
Day 9 Lo-Mangthang exploration dayWe spend the day traveling around Lo-Mangthang and the valley to fully appreciate the highlight of our trip. We will visit Namgyal Hompa located on a hilltop that serves as the regional court. We will then continue our hike to Tingkhar and Tall Champa Lakhang known as the “God house” We finish by passing through Thugchen Gompa, Chyodi Gompa and other notable vantage points around Lo-Mangthang.
Day 10 Lo Mangthang to DrakmarWe descend from Lo Mangthang passing through the ancient Ghar Gompa in Gyakar. The painted rock gompa is believed to be home to a god who can fully fulfill all of our desires and is a popular pilgrimage location in the region. We will continue along the windy pass before reaching the antiquated village of Drakmar
Day 11 Dhakmar to GhilingThis region famous for its dusty winds is is home to a desert landscape offering timeless views of Dhaulagiri and Nilgiri in an abandoned setting. After lunch, we will continue to Ghiling and explore the charming village in the evening.
Day 12 Ghiling to ChhuksangWe return to Chhuksang taking time to explore the Tibetan culture and customs in the small towns we pass. This barren area makes for an easy downhill trek on the way to Chhuksang.
Day 13 Chhuksang to JomsonOur final day of walking will begin early in an attempt to avoid powerful afternoon winds. We will complete the Mustang region before shifting into the Annapurna Circuit rout in Kagbeni. We will continue along the Kaligandaki River to Jomson for our final night on the trek. You may continue and spend another day to travel around Muktinath if you desire to stay an extra day.
Day 14 Flight to PokharaWe return back to Pokhara along the same serene flight path. Upon arrival in Pokhara you have free time to relax or explore the town and reflect upon your completed trek.
Day 15 Drive to KathmanduWe will drive roughly 6 hours to Kathmandu on the Prithivi highway enjoy views of peaceful farms, terraced rice fields and deep valleys before arriving in Kathmandu. You will have time to do some shopping or explore the backpacker area before joining us for a celebration diner in the evening.
Day 16 Kathmandu tourToday after breakfast we will start a guided tour to several of the most historical and spiritual attractions in Kathmandu including Durbar Square, and Pashupati temple that are both Unesco World Heritage Sites. You will also visit the famous 'Monkey Temple' (Swayambunath) and Buddhists shrine (Buddha Nath) that is one of the large Stupas in the world. Afterwards, you will meet with your trek leader for a briefing and a short question and answer section about your trip. You will also have time to shop for any additional equipment with staff assistance if necessary.
Day 17 DepartureDepending on your flight time you may be able to see a few more attractions in Kathmandu before departing approximately 3 hours before the scheduled flight time. You will be escorted to the airport with a representative from Good Karma trekking staff. After our farewells, you will have plenty of time to plan your next adventure in Nepal with Good Karma, as one time is never enough.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis (Tourist Standard Hotel to Five Star deluxe Hotel in Kathmandu as you prefer )
- Government license holder Trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /Sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Trekker’s Information Management system (TIMS)
- Annapurna Conservation Fee
- Permit for Upper Mustang
- Overland Transportations Bus ,car, & flights as you prefer
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)&( optionally if you have your own bags, down jackets and wants to use your own you are free to bring them)
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking guide and porters accommodation, fare, meal, equipments and salary & Insurance
- All program as mentioned in itinerary.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Welcome Dinner
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- City Tour entrance fees in Kathmandu and Pokhara while entering Temple and Monastery
Sun Koshi River RaftingBoasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
Duration: 10 to 11 Days
Seti River RaftingThe warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
Duration: 2 Days
Marshyangdi River RaftingMarshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…
Duration: 3 Days
- Boasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
- Well known as one of the most popular hiking roots in Nepal, this 3 day…
- Ticketing for transportation including flights and buses varies from international norms and online bookings are…
- The warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
- The latest adrenaline cocktail of choice is Canyoning, an activity that involves abseiling, sliding, jumping,…
- Volunteering in Nepal creates a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience for everyone involved. Although a…
- Adventure Himalayan helicopter flight over the Himalayas is a unique and adventurous way to see…
- Marshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…
- Paragliding is perhaps the most rewarding of short duration adventure sports given the fact that…