Duration: 17 Days
This trip is ideal for adventure seeking spiritual travelers looking to learn more about the Buddhist and Hindu spirituality in Tibet. We will visit the traditional pilgrimage location of Mt. Kailash while taking in some of the most beautiful scenery the Himalayas have to offer. Visit remote monasteries as you travel through Nepal and Tibet learning more about the traditional lifestyle, culture and religion of the mysterious and secluded mountain people. Complete a timeless pilgrimage while immersing yourself in lifestyle of the timeless Tibetan people while gaining insight into some of the most ancient practices known to man.
- Destnation: Tibet
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 14 - 21 Days
- Region: Tibet
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Kathmandu to NepalgunjWe will take a scenic mountain flight over the beautiful Himalayas to the border town of Nepalgunj. This subtropical town is known as a major trading center near the Indian border and is home to an excellent cultural blend with mixed architecture and heritage.
Day 2 Nepalgunj to DharapariWe will take another short but enjoyable flight to Simikot passing through beautiful mountains and valleys before landing on a traditional runway. We will then begin our climb to Dharapari passing through tropical forests home to walnut, oak and apricot trees through the town of Tuling before arriving in Dharapari for the evening.
Day 3 Dharapari to KermiWe will continue along Hulma Karnali through traditional terraced fields home to wheat, vegetables and rice passing through a traditional fishing river still used by locals fishing with traditional methods. We will stop at several scenic vantage points to enjoy the mountains towering above the lowlands before resting for the night in Kermi.
Day 4 Kermi to Yalbang GompaWe will continue up to the Soli La Pass offering unobstructed views of the region before continuing back down along a suspension bridge on the way to Yalbang. We will then visit the local gompa (monastery) to learn more about the life of the traditional monks and the friendly local people.
Day 5 Yalbang to Tumkot KholaWe continue our hike passing a scenic river then continuing through a dense forest. We then begin to climb toward Munchu passing through a police checkpoint before visiting a traditional stone house town to admire the unique architecture. Finally, we continue along the peaceful riverbank and make camp for the night.
Day 6 Tumkot Khola to Thado DungaAfter an early breakfast, we will cross the Tumkot River and climb through a juniper forest to Yari village home to a traditional school. After resting for lunch, we will move through the Dzungjen Meadown before taking in a spectacular sunset over Sipal Himal.
Day 7 Thado Dunga to HilsaWe begin a steep climb to the prayer flag encrusted summit of Nara Lagna. We will stop to admire the panoramic views of the remote hillsides and the Humla region. Finally, we take an steep descent to Shar where we will drive to our campsite for the night.
Day 8 Drive to PurangAfter a short climb to the salt trading post of Sher, we will meet our Tibetan guide and drive to the traditional village of Purang. We will stop to visit the timeless red gompa in Khojamath before arriving in Chiu Gompa. We will then take time to explore the holy Manasorovar Lake.
Day 9 Lake Manasorovar explorationToday is a free day to rest or explore the area around Manasorovar. We can visit some of the traditional meditation caves, swim in the holy waters of Manasaovar or explore the spiritual side of Tibet staying at the local monastery. We will spend the evening enjoying the timeless sunset form the scenic Chiu Gompa vantage point before returning to camp for the night.
Day 10 Dri Ra Phuk GompaWe will continue towards the Lha Chu valley to visit the famous two-legged chorten in Kangnyi. We will move through a riverside trail home to many traditional nomads tending to their sheep and yaks in the traditional grazing area. We will then continue through the Dri Ra Phuk Gompa to admire our first sight of the spiritual Mt. Kailash during the evening.
Day 11 Zutul Phuk GompaAfter an early breakfast, we will make a steep climb along the lateral moraine before reaching a peaceful meadow. We will visit the traditional Shiwa Tsal cemetery to see the traditional Tibetan ritual of leaving clothing and a drop of blood to honor their ancestors. We then continue our climb to to the Dolma La Pass known for its giant Dolma stone. We then continue down a winding trail to the Zhong Chu Valley to make camp near Phuml Gompa to rest after a tiring day of hiking.
Day 12 TirthapuriWe will leave the valley taking a relaxed 3-hour hike through a narrow gorge before arriving in Darchen. We will then continue by car along a bumpy road to the holy town of Tirthapuri where we will relieve our muscles in the timeless natural hot springs and traditional healing methods of the friendly local people.
Day 13 HorchuWe will take a long drive to visit the northern part of Lake Masasarovar passing through a desert like plateau. Upon arrival, we will take time to speak with some of the local people to learn more about their traditions and way of life before resting for the night under the Tibetan stars.
Day 14 ParyangWe will continue our ride through a rough road to Paryang as we pass through several rivers providing water to the local antelopes and yaks. We will stop at several scenic vantage points to enjoy the local scenery and give you a rest from the bumpy ride. After arriving in Prayang, we will admire the local sunset before resting for the night.
Day 15 SagaAfter an early breakfast, we will drive to the blended Tibetan and Chinese town of Saga known for its blend of culture and architecture. We will take time to explore the charming town and enjoy a traditional diner during the evening.
Day 16 NylamWe will travel to Nylam along the friendship highway passing over the Lalung La Pass. We will stop to admire the panoramic view of the Tibetan mountains and valleys while taking pictures of Everest looming in the distance. The drive takes the entire day and we will spend the evening in the comfort and hospitality of Nylam.
Day 17 Return to KathmanduWe will take a morning drive to Zhangmu passing through a series of spectacular waterfalls as you continue toward the famous friendship bridge. We will then cross the border back into Nepal and continue to Kathmandu passing through traditional villages, powerful rivers and scenic terraced agricultural fields. Upon arrival to Kathmandu, your friendly Good Karma Trekking staff will bid you farewell or arrange any plans for further exploration in Nepal.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in three/four star hotel in Kathmandu breakfast included ( In Trekking tent where Hotels are not available )
- 3. Guided city tour by private , Land Cruiser/car / van / bus.
- A government licensed English speaking Tibetan Guide during the tour.
- The required number of tour staff during the tour/Trek
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine for all staff.
- Flight as per the itinerary
- Tibet entry permission, Chinese visa, monasteries entry fees etc.
- All our government taxes.
- Official expense.
- Equipments like sleeping bags, down jacket and Good Karma Trekking T Shirt .
- Lunch and dinner
- Your travel insurance (compulsory).
- International airfare to and from Nepal and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa,
- personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
Sun Koshi River RaftingBoasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
Duration: 10 to 11 Days
Seti River RaftingThe warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
Duration: 2 Days
Marshyangdi River RaftingMarshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…
Duration: 3 Days
- Boasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
- Well known as one of the most popular hiking roots in Nepal, this 3 day…
- Ticketing for transportation including flights and buses varies from international norms and online bookings are…
- The warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
- The latest adrenaline cocktail of choice is Canyoning, an activity that involves abseiling, sliding, jumping,…
- Volunteering in Nepal creates a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience for everyone involved. Although a…
- Adventure Himalayan helicopter flight over the Himalayas is a unique and adventurous way to see…
- Marshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…
- Paragliding is perhaps the most rewarding of short duration adventure sports given the fact that…