Duration: 11 Days
This 11-day package combines all the spiritual highlights of the mysterious Tibet while incorporating 4 days of less strenuous camping and trekking to give you the highlights of Tibet with the necessary amount of adventure to provide the best experience for families and religious minded travelers. The tour incorporates all the highlights of Lhasa with secluded monasteries and scenic mountain trips with the experience of camping under the Tibetan stars. Combine educational spiritual trips with adventurous hikes to get the most out of your trip to Tibet.
- Destnation: Tibet
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 7 - 14 Days
- Region: Lhasa
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Kathmandu to LhasaWe will take a scenic mountain flight to Lhasa to meet our native Tibetan guide while taking time to explore the ancient and well-preserved capital city of Tibet. Lhasa is situated at the base of Mount Gephel and remained secluded from the world for centuries serving as the traditional home to the Dalai Lama.
Day 2 LhasaToday we will visit the scenic hilltop Potala Palace before traveling to the spiritual Ramoche Monastery to see the daily life of the Tibetan Monks. We will spend the afternoon unlocking the mysteries of the Norbulingkga Palace before a free evening to continue your immersion into the Tibetan way of life. We will spend the evening exploring the traditional market square having a meal of traditional Tibetan food while enjoying cultural music and dances that have been passed down for centuries.
Day 3 LhasaAfter an early breakfast, we will visit the traditional Sera Monastery known for its unmatched beauty historically serving as the home to over 5,000 monks. We will continue to the 1,400-year-old Jokhang temple regarded as the holiest site in Lhasa viewing the Kora temple nestled along the stream of humanity. After viewing the legendary golden Buddha we will return to the city for a celebratory dinner and while taking the evening to explore the timeless streets and absorb the traditional culture.
Day 4 Lhasa We will spend the day further exploring the capital city at a leisurely pace while making a stop at the Sera and Drepung Monasteries. Founded in the 15th century, these mystical white buildings are nestled peacefully at the base of a rocky hill and have been traditional learning centers to thousands of devotees learning about the traditional practices of Vajrayana, Sutrayana and Mahayana. We will visit the impressive Tibetan style garden, which served as the home to many historical lamas before returning to the hotel for the night
Day 5 Lhasa to HebuWe will take a drive from Lhasa to the town of Ganden to explore the monastery and learn more about the morning rituals of the monks. We then start our trek through the Hebu Balley home to a wide range of natural beauty and wildlife at the lower altitudes. We will make camp for the night under the moon and star light sky for the night.
Day 6 Trek through the Shogarla PassAfter an early breakfast, we will admire the timeless Tibetan sunrise before continuing our journey through the Hebu Valley. We will continue up to the Shogarla Pass offering spectacular views of the surrounding valley and the giants of the Himalayan region. We will continue down from the path before making camp for the night.
Day 7 Shogarla to GambalaWe will continue our descent from Shogarla to a peaceful river stopping to admire several pristine vantage and natural beauty along the way. We will stop to view the scenic sunset before making camp near the Gambala River during the evening.
Day 8 Gambala to MolongAfter breakfast, we bid farewell to the peaceful river and continue to Molong. We take a 6-hour hike through some of the best natural beauty of the valley before arriving in Molong for a much-needed night of rest and relaxation.
Day 9 Molong to SamyaWe will continue from Molong toward Samya to visit the popular Samya Monastery known for its timeless architecture and traditional practices. After a break for lunch, we will drive to the traditional town of Tsedang to explore before returning to the hotel for the night.
Day 10 TseDangWe will take a day to fully explore the peaceful town of Tsedang at a relaxed pace. After breakfast we will visit the Yambulakhang palace home to ancient royalty before visiting the Tandruk monastery to learn more about the traditional beliefs of the distinct style of Tibetan Buddhism. We will spend the evening enjoying a traditional Tibetan diner before returning to the hotel.
Day 11 Return to KathmanduYou will be transported by the friendly Good Karma Trekking staff the local airport to take a scenic return flight over hundreds of scenic Himalayan peaks before arriving in Kathmandu for your departure or further activities.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in three/four star hotel in Kathmandu breakfast included ( In Trekking tent where Hotels are not available )
- 3. Guided city tour by private , Land Cruiser/car / van / bus.
- A government licensed English speaking Tibetan Guide during the tour.
- The required number of tour staff during the tour/Trek
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine for all staff.
- Flight as per the itinerary
- Tibet entry permission, Chinese visa, monasteries entry fees etc.
- All our government taxes.
- Official expense.
- Equipments like sleeping bags, down jacket and Good Karma Trekking T Shirt .
- Lunch and dinner
- Your travel insurance (compulsory).
- International airfare to and from Nepal and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa,
- personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
Nagarkot Dhulikhel HikingThis 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
Duration: 3 Days
Trishuli River RaftingThe increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…
Duration: 1 to 3 Days
- .We have major destination covered including kathmandu , Pokhara Chitwan , Lumnini, Nagarkot and many…
- Sport fishing, like hunting receives little attention in Nepal as few Nepalese pursue this leisure…
- Volunteering in Nepal creates a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience for everyone involved. Although a…
- Paragliding is perhaps the most rewarding of short duration adventure sports given the fact that…
- Hurtling down dirt roads on a mountain bike is a popular activity for adventure seekers…
- Well known as one of the most popular hiking roots in Nepal, this 3 day…
- This 3 day 2-night trek offers a chance to combine Nagarkot and Dhulikhel which are…
- The increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…
- Ever since Eric Valli published a book and made a film on Honey Hunting, it…