Duration: 23 Days
Towering above the Annapurna South is the stunning Hinunchuli Peak offering unique panoramic vies of the Annapurna giants. This trip combines a rigorous peak climb with a more complex trek making it ideal for advanced hikers looking to take their adventures to the next level. The remote peak is rarely visited by travelers due to its challenging path but makes for a great escape deep into the most isolated regions of the Himalayas. The trip includes many difficult climbs through icy trails, glaciers and steep slopes and requires an excellent level of fitness and previous trekking and mountaineering experience.
- Destnation: Nepal
- Activities: Peak Climbing
- Duration: 21 + Days
- Region: Annapurna
- Max. Altitude: 6441m
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrival in KathmanduUpon your arrival to the airport, you will be greeted by the friendly Good Karma Trekking staff who will escort you to your accommodation in Kathmandu. After settling in and exploring the streets of Thamel, we will arrange a special welcome diner featuring local specialties to introduce you to the city and the Good Karma team.
Day 2 Kathmandu SightseeingToday we will take a tour featuring the highlights of Kathmandu including several UNESCO world heritage sites such as Durbar Square and Pashupati temple before visiting Sqayambhunath, and Buddha Nath, which is one of the largest Buddhist stupas in the world. After lunch, we will hold a briefing with your trekking guide addressing any questions or concerns you may have about your trip.
Day 3 Fly to Pokhara and trek to TirhedhungaWe will take a scenic morning flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara passing over the scenic greenery of the Valley before passing the stunning Annapurna range and arriving in the peaceful lakeside town of Pokhara. we will drive to Nayapul to begin our trek along a series of villages as we work our way up the banks of the Khumnu Khola. We will bass through a series of traditional villages before arriving in the stone house village of Tirkhedhunga.
Day 4 Trek to GhorepaniLeaving Tikhedunga, we begin our journey with steep climb to Ulleri. Ulleri is a large Magar village at 2070m. After Ulleri, the trail continues to ascend more gently, through fine peaceful forests of oak & rhododendron towards Banthanti at 2250m. Then we make our trek towards Nangethanti at 2460m. After an hour walk we will arrive at relaxing Ghorepani at 2775m.
Day 5 Trek to TatopaniAfter catching an early morning sunrise, we will continue through a dense rhododendron forest home to oak, pine and bamboo before descending to the town of Banthanti to rest for lunch. We then continue our climb to Tatopani known for its scenic views of Hiunchuli, Annapurna South and the fishtail formation.
Day 6 Trek to GhandrukThe day starts with a short downhill hike. Leaving Tadapani, we descend steeply through forests and then the trail eases as we reach Ghandrunk (2000m), which is the village of the Gurung people, one of the ethnic groups of Nepal, which have their own dialect, typical culture, costume, and life style. This village is possibly the most popular tourist destination that offers the beautiful mountain views and easy connection to Pokhara and Kathmandu.
Day 7 Ghandruk to ChhomrongWe start the day following a trail of stone stairs before crossing a suspension bridge above the Modi Khola River. The trail then moves back into a forest area filled with local bamboo and oak trees leading to Kuldi where we will stop for a rest. After exploring the quaint sheep herding fields, we will continue along the short trail before arriving in Bamboo for the night
Day 8 Trek to BambooWe start the day following a trail of stone stairs before crossing a suspension bridge above the Modi Khola River. The trail then moves back into a forest area filled with local bamboo and oak trees leading to Kuldi where we will stop for a rest. After exploring the quaint sheep herding fields, we will continue along the short trail before arriving in Bamboo for the night
Day 9 Trek to DeoraliWe continue along a gradually rising trail through the forest before passing though a muddy trail along the river. We continue through a mysterious rock overhang before climbing the short trail to Deorali to rest for the night.
Day 10 Trek to Annapurna Base CampWe hike through an area that is home to a wide range of wildlife including leopards, peacocks, pigs and deer. We will stop to see the Hinko Cave before continuing on a strenuous uphill climb to Machhapuchhare Base Camp. The camp is home to stunning views of the region including opportunities to see Hiunchuli, Annapurna I, II and the Machhapuchhare Fishtail from a relaxing vantage point. We then continue our hike and slowly move into a more barren area leaving the natural greenery of the lowlands behind and arriving at Annapurna Base Camp.
Day 11 Trek to South Base CampWe will take a scenic 5-hour trek through a glacier side path offering views of the Himalayan scenery before arriving at the South Base Camp to relax under the tranquil starlight sky.
Day 12 Trek to Hiunchuli High CampWe will continue our ascent along a very steep trail leading directly to the high camp. Upon arrival you can review your mountaineering skills with the guide and practice using the equipment to ensure you are comfortable with the challenge of the coming days.
Day 13 Climb to Hiunchuli Camp IWe will take a scenic but strenuous trail to higher ground stopping to admire the view from several vantage points enjoying the towering mountains of the Annapurna region.
Day 14 Climb to Hiunchuli Camp IISimilar to yesterdays trip, we continue uphill to reach a higher access point enjoying even more stunning views of the region as we ascend.
Day 15 Summit Hiunchuli PeakWe will trek to the peak of Hiunchuli using our mountaineering equipment to climb the difficult ice filled trails to the peak. Upon reaching the summit, we will take time to admire the panoramic views from one of the area most scenic locations before slowly retracing our steps back to Camp II.
Day 16 Hike to Annapurna South Base CampWe continue along the same trail leaving the Hiunchuli Mountain along a descending path making for a much more relaxed hike.
Day 17 Trek to Annapurna Base CampWe will take another relaxing hike back to the Annapurna Base Camp taking time to catch the beautiful Himalayan sunset from a strategic vantage point before resting for the evening.
Day 18 Trek to DovanWe will continue to descend towards the town of Dovan passing through the town known as Himalayan Hotel as the terrain slowly starts to transform due to the change in altitude. Upon arrival in Dovan, we will take time to learn more about the lifestyle of the local hill people before having a traditional dinner during the evening.
Day 19 Trek to JhinudandaWe return uphill along the Kuldi Ghar River past the villages of Sinuwa and Lower Chhomrong before stopping for a traditional lunch. We then take a downhill hike to Jhinu Danda before relaxing in the natural rock hot springs located just a short walk from the town.
Day 20 Trek to PothanaWe will start with a gentle decline before continue along a flat trail leading to the stunning waterfall near the town of Himal Pani. We then pass through numerous terraces and streams before passing through the traditional Burung and Magar villages leading to Bherikharka. We then hike through several scenic locations to enjoy the mountain views before passing through the oak forest to Pothana.
Day 21 Trek to Dhampus Phedi and drive to PokharaOn our last day of trekking, we will continue down the trail to the Gurung village of Dhampus Phedi where we will be driven to the peaceful lakeside town of Pokhara to celebrate the completion of our trek.
Day 22 Return to KathmanduWe will take a scenic bus ride back to the bustling capital city of Kathmandu. Upon arrival we will arrange a special cultural diner filled with traditional music, dancing and local specialties before returning to Thamel for the night.
Day 23 DepartureToday, a Member of the Good Karma team will escort you to the airport for your flight. After saying our farewells you will continue on your journey with fond memories of you adventure in Nepal.
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight and departure taxes
- Accommodations in Kathmandu in Breakfast and Bed basis (Plz let us know what category hotels do you prefer)
- Teahouse/Lodge and tented accommodation during trekking and climbing session
- Three times meals in Mountain: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner,
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary program by private vehicles
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking climbing and trekking leader (guide), cook, assistant climbing leader, Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter), other helpers as per requirement for the climbing section including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- All necessary paper works; trekking permits & Climbing permits
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion or if you have your own and wants to bring you are also welcome .)
- Group Mountaineering climbing and camping equipment for climbing part high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware tents for camping and kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses, kitchen equipments
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Tips for guides and porters
Day hiking near KathmanduChampadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
Duration: 1 Day
Sun Koshi River RaftingBoasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
Duration: 10 to 11 Days
Trishuli River RaftingThe increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…
Duration: 1 to 3 Days
- Paragliding is perhaps the most rewarding of short duration adventure sports given the fact that…
- Champadevi: Roughly 2300 meters in elevation the pilgrimage includes a trip to both an important…
- Boasting warm water, the Sun Koshi is know for its foamy water and narrow canyons…
- .We have major destination covered including kathmandu , Pokhara Chitwan , Lumnini, Nagarkot and many…
- Nepal serving as the nexus of Buddhist and Hindu culture and traditions makes an ideal…
- Sport fishing, like hunting receives little attention in Nepal as few Nepalese pursue this leisure…
- Hurtling down dirt roads on a mountain bike is a popular activity for adventure seekers…
- The increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…
- The latest adrenaline cocktail of choice is Canyoning, an activity that involves abseiling, sliding, jumping,…