Duration: 21 Days
The three passes trek combines all the highlights of the Everest region featuring Everest Base Camp, the three passes and the Gokyo Lakes in one adventure packed trip. Experience the power of Everest, the tranquil mountain encrusted waters of Gokyo and the challenge of the three passes as you explore the entire region with stops at countless cultural areas and points of interest along the way. We will also travel through Renjo, Chola and Kongma La passes offering stunning 360 degree panoramic views of the Khumbu Region coupled with traditional routes to experience the Sherpa culture and provide insight into the unique traditions and religious beliefs of these spiritual people.
- Destnation: Nepal
- Activities: Trekking
- Duration: 14 - 21 Days
- Region: Everest
- Best Season: Spring / Summer / Autumn
- Group Size: 02+ Pax
Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu (1300 m/4264 ft)Upon your arrival to the airport, you will be greeted by the friendly Good Karma Trekking staff who will escort you to your accommodation in Kathmandu. After settling in and exploring the streets of Thamel, we will arrange a special welcome diner featuring local specialties to introduce you to the city and the Good Karma team.
Day 2 Kathmandu Sightseeing (1300 m/4264 ft)Today we will take a tour featuring the highlights of Kathmandu including several UNESCO world heritage sites such as Durbar Square and Pashupati temple before visiting Sqayambhunath, and Buddha Nath, which is one of the largest Buddhist stupas in the world. After lunch, we will hold a briefing with your trekking guide addressing any questions or concerns you may have about your trip.
Day 3 Kathmandu to Lukla (2,860m/9,186ft)We will take a scenic flight offering view of tremendous mountain peaks before arriving in Lukla, which serves as the gate to Everest. After meeting our team, we will trek through Lukla to Phakding with an optional trip to a near by monastery for those interested.
Day 4 Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,438m/11,280 ft)Today features a relaxing hike with several river crossings as we pass through Jorsale into Sagarmatha National park before arriving in Namche Bazaar. Namche Bazaar offers excellent views of Kwangde Peak, Kusum Kangaru, Mt. Everest, Lhotse and Tawache as well as several other notable Kumbu peaks and mountains.
Day 5 Acclimatization Day at Namche Bazaar (3,438m/11,280 ft)In order to prevent altitude sickness, we will spend the day either taking a short hike to Thame or exploring the charming town of Namche Bazaar. The optional trek takes us to Sagarmatha National Park, which offers insight into the history and the Sherpa culture and mountaineering in the Khumbu Region. Upon return to Namche Bazaar, you can wander the prosperous trading town and explore its famous markets while enjoying several modern shops and restaurants or visiting the famous night market.
Day 6 Namche Bazzar to Thame (3,880m/12729ft)We start with a short uphill climb past a monastery as we enjoy the views of Konge Ri, Khumbi Yul and Kusum Kanguru nestled amongst peaceful rivers before passing through a forest and arriving at the village of Phorte. We then continue through Samde before bassing a bridge and arriving in Thame.
Day 7 Thame to Marulung (4,210m/13812ft)The train from Thame has little vegetation and offers a relaxing walk through a peaceful path on the way to the village of Tangmote. We continue enjoying pristine views of Kongde Ri before continuing on the gently rising trail to Marlung.
Day 8 Marlung to Lungden( (4,375m / 14,354ft)Today is a short hike to Lungden along a small rising hill. We hike a few hours before crossing a small stream before arrival in the quaint village of Lungden.
Day 9 Lungden to Renjo pass (5,360m/17585ft)Continuing up the slope of Renjo La we are surrounded with vies of Everest, Lhotse, Cholaste and Taboche. We will continue our walk alongside a glacier before arriving in Gokyo village.
Day 10 Hike to Gokyo Ri (5,360m/17585ft)Today is another acclimatization day spent enjoying the lakes around the region with an opportunity to climb Gokyo Ri depending on the weather. Gokyo Ri offers views of all 6 lakes of Gokyo as well as the best views of Everest, Lhotse and Makulu. This is an ideal place to watch the sunrise over the Himalayas before returning back to Gokyo for some must needed rest.
Day 11 Gokyo to Thanknak (4,830m/15846ft)We leave Gokyo village along a ridge, which takes us along the Ngozumpa Glacier transcending to the other side of the mountain. As we climb down to Thaknak, we enjoy timeless views of Cho Oyu and Gokyo Ri nestled in the Himalayan panorama.
Day 12 Thanknak-Cho to La-Dzongla (4,840m/15879ft)We will head to the Cho La Pass on the most difficult trip across a glacier on the eastern side of the mountain. The trail is nearly vertical and can be very slippery and dangerous. We will continue past Phedi alongside a frozen lake before passing through difficult crebasses before reaching Dzongla.
Day 13 Dzongla to Lobuche (4940 m/16,207 ft)We continue from Dzongla across a bridge and through as grassy trail offering views of the Olbuche peak. After passing through a ridge, we can see the mountains of Ama Dablam, Kangtega, Thamserki and Taboche. We will then continue along the winding trail until we reach Lobuche.
Day 14 Lobuche to Gorak Shep (5,170 m/16,961ft)Passing through the lateral moraine of the Khumbu Glacier, we will continue on to Kala Patthar, which offers an excellent vantage point and is a perfect rest stop. We continue our ascent for a few hours before reaching Kala Patthar, which is home to full panoramic views of the Himalayan range.
Day 15 Gorak Shep to Kala Patthar (5,545m/18,192ft) Today we continue to Everest Base Camp passing along the traditional routes that have been taken since the dawn of mountaineering in the Khumbu Region. As we pass the Khumbu icefall, we reach Everest Base Camp for a rest and photos before returning to Lobuche.
Day 16 Lobuche to Kongma La to Chhukung( 4,730/m(15,518 ft)From Lobuche we continue along the Khumbu Glacier past the bizarre pyramid shaped Italian Research Center at Kongma. We then continue along a stony trail offering views of small frozen lakes mixed amongst the mountain scenery before passing through the Niyang Khola valley and arriving in Chhukung.
Day 17 Chhukung to Tengboche (3,870m/12,694ft)Situated among the most interesting cultures of the Khumbu Region, we will pass through a monastery in Pangboche, which is the oldest in the Region. We will then continue down the through a pine forest before reaching the famous Tengboche Monastery for a visit.
Day 18 Tengboche to Namche Bazzar (3,438m/11,280 ft)We continue down a steep trail along the Dudh Kosi River through a region famous for wildlife including goats, leopards and pheasants. We will pass the army base of Namche before continue back to the Bazaar for a much earned night of rest and relaxation.
Day 19 Namche Bazzar to Lukla (2,860m/9,186ft)We continue down a steep trail through rocky terrain through the same path we took previously while enjoying contrasting views of the other side of the Himalayan Range. Passing through a series of small villages we will see prayer stones and flags along the way before our arrival in Lukla.
Day 20 Lukla to Kathmandu (1,350m/4,428ft)We will fly back to Kathmandu where you can relax in the hotel or continue to explore the city. Today is a great time to do some shopping or exploring the countless temples and markets of the city. We will meet for a celebration diner during the evening to mark the completion of your journey.
Day 21 DepartureToday, a Member of the Good Karma team will escort you to the airport for your flight. After saying our farewells you will continue on your journey with fond memories of you adventure in Nepal.
- Airport pick up & Transfer to hotel
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis (Tourist Standard Hotel to Five Star deluxe Hotel in Kathmandu as you prefer)
- Government license holder Trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /Sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Trekker’s Information Management system (TIMS)
- Everest Conservation area fee
- Kathmandu- Lukla – Kathmandu Round Trip Flight Ticket .
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Good Karma Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)&( optionally if you have your own bags, down jackets and wants to use your own you are free to bring them)
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking guide and porters accommodation, fare, meal, equipments and salary & Insurance
- All program as mentioned in itinerary.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Welcome Dinner
- Airport drop
- Nepal Visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, Soft drinks such as cola, , shower & any Purely personal nature expenses etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
Yoga Ayurveda & Spa
Sarankot Dhampus HikingThis 3 day 2 night hiking trip is a Nepalese classic. The path passes through…
Duration: 5 Days
Trishuli River RaftingThe increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…
Duration: 1 to 3 Days
Marshyangdi River RaftingMarshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…
Duration: 3 Days
Seti River RaftingThe warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
Duration: 2 Days
Bhote Koshi River RaftingThe Bhote Koshi offers spectacular views of valleys and gorges while offering many challenging rapids…
Duration: 1 to 2 Days
- Meditation has steadily gained popularity over the last decade resulting in numerous centers throughout Kathmandu.…
- This 3 day 2 night hiking trip is a Nepalese classic. The path passes through…
- The increasing popular Trisuli River offers views of farming valleys and large gorges with regions…
- Paragliding is perhaps the most rewarding of short duration adventure sports given the fact that…
- Marshyvangdi is an excellent aventure packed trip offering very steep and challenging rapids along the…
- The warm and welcoming Seti River is excellent for a more relaxed rafting experience for…
- The Bhote Koshi offers spectacular views of valleys and gorges while offering many challenging rapids…
- The latest adrenaline cocktail of choice is Canyoning, an activity that involves abseiling, sliding, jumping,…
- Ticketing for transportation including flights and buses varies from international norms and online bookings are…